Experience Cape TownDeciding what to do in Cape Town can be overwhelming but you could whizz through some of the top attractions in a couple of days. However, to obtain a full sense of what Cape Town has to offer, in whatever time you have, we suggest that you start at our front desk. Tell us what you would like to experience in terms of food, wine, art and culture, history, nature, or outdoor adventure and we’ll help guide a best-of bucket list.
Some see and do ideas to get you started:
- Interact with lively local communities on a township tour and try some Umqombothi (home brewed ale)
- Take a sightseeing tour on a red hop-on-hop-off bus to get your bearings, jumping on and off whenever you feel like it
- Rally your partner and book an architectural walking tour by day or a ghost tour at night
- Take in some penguin action at the Boulders penguin colony
- Book a ferry to Robben Island to see where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 of his 27-year sentence
- Summit Table Mountain in an aerial cable car to see the most spectacular views of the Mother city, and surrounds
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, also known as the Cape of Storms because of the fierce seas responsible for more than 60 shipwrecks
- Head to Groot Constantia, the oldest wine producing farm in South Africa for winetasting, lunch and a stroll through the original Cape Dutch Manor House
- Take your time at District Six Museum, which commemorates and celebrates the vibrant mixed community forcibly removed from their homes in the 1960s
- Stroll through Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, which, set at the foot of the eastern slopes of Table Mountain, is famous for its world class array of flora - be sure to try the aerial boardwalk
- Browse one of the many contemporary and classic art galleries such as Michaelis, Iziko, Worldart, G2, and Everard Read among others
- Head to the V&A Waterfront to see street performers or undertake a shark dive in the predator exhibit at the Two Oceans Aquarium, visit Cape Town’s oldest cannon battery, watch seals languishing on a quayside, shop, or take a sunset cruise while sipping bubbly
- Go paragliding or abseiling off Table Mountain, take a beach horse ride, do some whale watching or go deep sea fishing, cycle or walk along the Sea Point Promenade, go mountain biking, hiking, surfing, snorkel with seals, haggle at a market, kayak with penguins, or stretch out on a deck chair on a beach
Images from Instagram
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.